This dish smells as good as it tastes. In under 30 minutes, you have a healthy dinner on the table that perfumes your home with notes of garlic and lime. Kale is a nutritional powerhouse, but can limit your iodine absorption. The salmon ensures your iodine levels stay up, which is essential for thyroid health. This tasty meal can easily become a go-to weeknight favorite while also helping you maintain a healthy weight.
Garlic Kale and Lime-Infused Salmon
Serves: 4 | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min
Ingredients for the Salmon:
- 4 salmon filets (1 ½-2 lbs.)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 large lime, zested and juiced
- 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
Ingredients for the Kale:
- 1 large bunch of kale (about 5 cups: ribs removed, washed & chopped
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- Salt & freshly cracked pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Marinate the salmon filets with 3 cloves of pressed garlic, the zest & juice of one lime, salt & pepper
- Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, sear the salmon in olive oil on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place in the oven to finish cooking. About 5-7 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- In another frying pan, sauté four cloves of sliced garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the kale and mix to distribute the garlic. Add the water, cover and let steam, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season the kale with salt, pepper & lime juice. Plate and serve immediately.